Zero Tolerance + Zero Cover-up = Truth and Justice
ECA is calling all supporters of children’s rights, activists and allies to demand real global zero tolerance and the end to clergy sexual abuse and cover up.
ECA demands that Pope Francis:
- Write into Universal Church Law Zero tolerance of clergy sexual abuse
- Write into Universal Church Law Zero tolerance of cover up by bishops
- Publish a global registry of credibly accused clergy
- Provide reparation for victims worldwide
ECA’ s 2023 MARCH TO ZERO CAMPAIGN
On the eve of Pope Francis’ Synod on Synodality (begins October4), Ending Clergy Abuse (ECA) will arrive in Rome with 35+ survivors of clergy sexual abuse and activists from 24 countries and 5 continents to demand Pope Francis’ make zero-tolerance a universal law of the Catholic Church as called for by the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child.
ECA will hold 3 public events:
- Between September 21 – 26, ten survivors and activists will pilgrimage/march (75 miles) to Rome from Montefiascone, along the Via Francigena, carrying an 8-foot wooden cross with a zero-tolerance message and distributing leaflets urging residents along the way to report clergy abuse to local civil authorities and to promote our message and planned activities in Rome. We will highlight the abuse and cover-up by clergy and bishops in the dioceses we pass through.
- On September 30, Saturday, ECA will be present at St. Peter’s Square during the Pope’s prayer service for the Synod. Visible in our ‘March to Zero’ t-shirts (100 available) and our cross, we will ‘creatively’ participate in the Pope’s gathering.
- On Monday, Oct 2, 11am, ECA will hold a press conference at the Foreign Press Club, with survivors and activists from 5 continents. They will highlight the worldwide extent of the abuse and Pope Francis’s refusal to make zero-tolerance a universal church law and failure to include the clergy abuse issue as part of his Synod. We will call upon newly-minted Cardinal Victor Fernandez to demonstrate his leadership of the DDF by immediately posting the list of credibly accused clergy in his Archdiocese of La Plata, Argentina.
If you would like to support ECA in their efforts to end clergy abuse, please donate to ECA here:
Tim Law:ECA Founding/Board Member
Tel: +1206-412-0165 (English)
Simone Padovani (ECA Founding Member)
Tel: +393921454211 (English,Italian,Spanish)
Dr. Denise Buchanan (ECA Founding/Board Member)
Tel: +1310-980-2770 (English)
Ending Clergy Abuse (ECA) is a worldwide leadership organization of survivors of clergy abuse and human rights activists whose mission it is to compel the Roman Catholic Church to end clergy abuse, protect children and seek justice for victims. ECA assembly members represent over 21 countries and 5 continents. https://www.ecaglobal.org – @ENDCLERGYABUSE – https://www.facebook.com/ENDCLERGYABUSE/ – email@example.com